Monday, March 9, 2009

Welcome to my awesome garden blog!


I hope that my garden will be awesome. This remains to be seen, and I am an amateur. So we'll see.

I started a garden blog because I need to keep a garden journal so I can keep track of what goes on out there and I thought this might be a fun way to interact with friends who garden as well. I will also write about related ventures - like cheese and yogurt making attempts, and some recipe & cooking stuff. And maybe just household "Green" things.

I planted a modest veggie garden last summer (see picture) - one tomato plant (Japanese black trifele), pumpkins, zucchini, and peppers...and broccoli.

The tomato plant did quite well. They were yummy.
We got a few decent zucchini before they succumbed to powdery mildew (I planted 3 types - got lots of Golden Dawn yellows, one really big Clarimore & no Ravens-they got crowded out by the Golden Dawns) I will post my powdery mildew concoction - which helped a lot. I will also post the Zucchini Chocolate Chip cookie recipe from Animal, Vegetable, Miracle that I made-tasty.
The peppers never materialized - I'm thinking I planted them too late in the season (July 4th ish)
The broccoli was consumed by the backyard bunny. twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment